All motorcycles are insured for comprehensive collision insurance with an Excess(Collision Damage Waiver) of NZ$5000.
We STRONGLY recommend Hirers take Travel Insurance when making travel arrangements, particularly to prevent loss of deposits should you be forced to cancel your Rental at the last minute.
Remember – You are responsible for all and any damage to the motorcycle while it is in your care. This could include damage not directly caused by you, for example if you are unlucky enough to hit a piece of debris lying in the road, or a seat being torn up by one of our destructive native parrots, the Kea.
We are VERY proud of the condition of our motorcycles. ANY damage incurred to the motorcycle attributable to you (e.g. paint damage, scratches to paint or windshield etc) will be repaired and deducted from your Excess.
This insurance for the motorcycle is included in the daily hire rate. It includes:
- The Hirer and any rider authorised to ride the motorcycle are fully indemnified in respect of any liability for the loss or damage to the motorcycle and its accessories and spare parts, and any consequential loss of revenue or other expenses of the owner including towing and salvage costs associated with the recovery of the motorcycle.
- The Hirer and any rider authorised to ride the motorcycle are indemnified to the extent of $250,000 for any liability for damage to any property (including injury to any animal) belonging to any person and rising out of the use of the motorcycle.
- Cover for third party liability, fire, theft, and accident/collision
This insurance excludes:
- Excess – The first NZ$5000 of any damage to the motorcycle, or loss resulting from damage.
Insurance is void if:
- The rider of the motorcycle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that affects his or her ability to drive the motorcycle.
- The motorcycle is in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition that arose during the course of the hire and that caused or contributed to the damage or loss, and the Hirer or rider was aware or ought to have been aware of the unsafe or unroadworthy condition of the motorcycle.
- The motorcycle is operated in any race, speed test, rally or contest.
- The motorcycle is operated on any beach and exposed to salt water damage (for example, but not only, 90 Mile Beach, Northland, Oreti Beach, Invercargill). We reserve the right to charge your credit card/ security deposit for depreciation, wear and tear due to saltwater damage
- The motorcycle is ridden by any person other than the Hirer (unless they also have filled out a Booking Form for this Rental motorcycle)
- The motorcycle is ridden by any person who at the time when he or she rides the motorcycle is disqualified from holding or has never held a driver’s licence appropriate for that motorcycle.
- The motorcycle is wilfully or recklessly damaged by the Hirer, or is lost as a result of the wilful or reckless behaviour of the Hirer.
- The motorcycle is operated outside the term of the hire or any agreed extension of that term.
- The motorcycle is used for off-road use. The motorcycle is to be used on “legal”, gazetted New Zealand roads only. Examples of non-legal non permitted roads: Skippers Canyon, Queenstown, Rainbow Station, Marlborough, The Nevis, Central Otago